This year’s National Adoption Month theme is “Engage Youth: Listen and Learn.”
It is well known that teenagers are less likely to be adopted, often because of their age, and are much more likely to age out of foster care without strong or stable family support. Securing lifelong connections for teens in foster care, both legally and emotionally, is a critical component in determining their future achievement, health, and well-being.
Adoption Podcasts on Carey Pena Reports
Hear two families tell their story of strength and growth through adoption.
Ways to Celebrate National Adoption Month
- Retell your child’s adoption story.
- Watch positive adoption-related movies with your family.
- Celebrate your child’s heritage.
- Donate time or money to organizations that support adoption.
- Thank the people who help make adoption possible.
- Join in events celebrating National Adoption Awareness Month.
- Continue to educate yourself and others about adoption.
- Campaign to spread awareness through social media.